Kailash Manasarovar Trek
Kailash Manasarovar is considered as the mother of all pilgrimage (tirtha sthal) and one of the most difficult treks in Asia. Regarded as the divine center of the universe, Kailash Manasarovar is valued by Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, and Bonpos. Importantly for Hindus, it is on top of this astonishing peak that Lord Shiva exists in an eternal state of meditation, creating the supporting force that holds the universe together. Kailash Manasarovaris is known for its sacred importance, traditional significance, and demanding nature.
Kailash Manasarovar Trek is known as difficult trek.The route to Kailash Manasarovar takes the explorer through Nepal and Tibet, where the collection of temples, stupas, antique architectures and colorful marketplaces are explored and appreciated.The annual journey to Kailash Manasarovar holds religious significance for Hindus, Jains, Buddhists, and Bonpos. The trekking involves at high altitudes under unreceptive conditions, including thrilling cold and rocky territory. It may prove hazardous for those who are not physically and medically fit. The trek goes through high elevations in freezing temperature that requires hard labor. In spite of the strenuous nature of this place in Manasarovar, pilgrims have been hiking through the cold desert since time immemorial. We can observe the splendid view of Mt. Kailash and Manasarovar Lake here. In this holiest yatra to Lake Manasarovar, some popular pilgrimage sites are included such as Asthaapath, Lake Raktesh, Nandi, Tirthapuri and Kailash Parikrama. With all of these holy sites in Mount Kailash, it is considered heaven on the earth.
The locals state to Kailash as Kang Rinpoche or a ‘Precious Snow Mountain’. We can say that this mountain is treasurable for many reasons to those of many faiths. Basically, for the Hindus, Kailash is the dwelling place of Lord Shiva, and symbol of his power. Good Day Nepal Excursion Most well come all of you to visit this trekking and get many joyful activities. We can make so many different kinds of a package for this trek which one do you like. Thi itinerary for best days which is perfect for that person who have holidays vacation in Nepal. Do not worry we can change itinerary for you if you would like to change.Just message us and tell your time and kinds of an itinerary.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 2: Kathmandu Trek Preparation
Day 3: Kathmandu to Nyalam
Day 4: Nyalam Rest Day
Day 5: Nyalam to New Dongba
Day 6: New Dongba to Manasarovar
Day 7: Manasarovar to Lake to Tarchen
Day 8: Tarchen-Tarboche-Dirapuk
Day 9: Dirapuk to Zuthul Puk
Day 10: Zuthul Puk-Tarchen-Manasarovar-Dongba
Day 11: Dongba to Nyalam
Day 12: Nyalam to Kathmandu
Day 13: Final Departure
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu.
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu International airport, our employee will greet you and you will be transferred to the Hotel where you will be staying. We will provide you with detail briefing about the trip and necessary things that you will need during the journey.
Day 2: Kathmandu Trek Preparation.
On this day we go for the sightseeing of Kathmandu and surrounding valleys that includes Lalitpur and Bhaktapur. What’s so impressive about these valleys is that there are some landmarks that are listed on the list of World Heritage Sites. These valleys are full of ancient Durbar Square that was built ages ago. The sacred Hindu temple Pashupati Nath, the famous Swayambhu Nath also known as Monkey Temple are some the landmarks. In afternoon we organize a pre-discussion and give a chance to ask questions about any upcoming events you may find confusing.
Day 3: Kathmandu to Nyalam.
we have our breakfast in the morning and head towards Nyalam. First, we reach Nepal-Tibet border or also known as Friendship Bridge. After a short walk about 10 minutes, we cross Friendship Bridge and we can meet our Tibetan guide. After customs formalities and all the immigration at the Chinese check post, we head towards the Chinese territory and follow the road to Nyalam which is 35 km far from the check post. It can take almost 3 hours to reach Nyalam with gorgeous scenery. We stay overnight at Nyalam.
Day 4: Nyalam Rest Day.
we will rest the whole day in Nyalam and let our body get used to the climate and higher altitude. We will also be leaving for the short trek which is in grounding for Kailash Parikrama and it helps us to adjust fast. We will visit Nyalam the whole day.
Day 5: Nyalam to New Dongba.
It will be a very memorable day in the whole journey since we get to visit Mt. Kailash.
We start in the morning and drive straight New Dongba passing through camps of Yak herders and small houses. Most of the times we will be walking on plains. During the journey, we will enjoy the beautiful scenery of snow-capped mountain on far south.
Day 6: New Dongba to Manasarovar.
We start this day with hot tea and prepare ourselves for a long walk. We can only have the first view of Mt. Kailash in the afternoon. A small village named Hore is situated near Manasarovar Lake. It is also the highest lake with fresh and clean water, beautiful white swans, tortoise, and fishes. Mt. Gurla Mandala, Mt. Kailash, and Lake Rakshas are laid near its surrounding. Spending quiet and lovely time here we spend our night in Chui Gompa.
Day 7: Manasarovar to Lake to Tarchen.
Manasarovar is considered Holy River according to Hindu religion. It is said that Mansarover is created by God Brahma for his 12 sons to perform rituals. That’s why we will take a holy dip in Mansarovar Lake and head towards our destination Tarchen. Tarchen is also considered as a base camp for the ones who circumambulate Holy Kailash. We stay overnight at Tarchen.
Day 8: Tarchen-Tarboche-Dirapuk.
Tarchen is a place for tourists since it is located right in the facade of Mt. Kailash. After breakfast, we will be heading toward Tarboche which is a starting point of Mt. Kailash Parikrama and also known as Asthapath. On the way, we walk through waterfalls and beautiful rocky cliffs. As we walk toward we can see the face of Mt. Kailash time to time. And again we trek to Dirapuk that takes almost 7 hours walk. We stay overnight at camp at Dirapuk.
Day 9: Dirapuk to Zuthul Puk.
Today we climb Dolma-la pass. After we walk over the Dolma-la Pass, we trek to reach our destination Zuthul Puk. As our step goes closer to the pass, we cross Yamasthal to reach the Shiva-sthal. This day is the most difficult day of the trek. We can see Parvati-sthal and Gauri Kunda on the way to Zuthul Puk. After a difficult walk, we reach our destination Zuthul Puk which is also famous for the cave of miracles. We stay overnight at Zuthul Puk.
Day 10: Zuthul Puk-Tarchen-Manasarovar-Dongba.
We wake up early in the morning to explore the temples, cave, and shrines around Milarepa cave. Then we head again to Tarchen and Manasarovar through the same place, enjoying the magnificent views. All the driving crew will be waiting for our arrival and walk of 3 hours. We stay overnight at Dongba.
Day 11: Dongba to Nyalam.
We will say bye to Mt. Kailash and head towards Nyalam. We drive for hours to reach our destination Nyalam.
Day 12: Nyalam to Kathmandu.
We will leave the Chinese border and say bye to the Friendship Bridge. And head towards Kathmandu.
Day 13: Final Departure.
After having a wonderful time, it is our last day of the trip. We drive back to Kathmandu. After reaching Kathmandu we bid farewell to each other. If you want to explore or go shopping then you can explore since we have much to explore in Kathmandu.
- Airport picks up and transfers to hotel.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3-star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder tour Guide.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with the guided trip as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with the private car as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Kathmandu International airport drop for catch the Kathmandu Lhasa flight as mentioned in the itinerary.
- hotel accommodation / tented / camping accommodation entire the Kailash Mansarovar trekking tour on BB basis( tourist standard category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Kailash Mansarovar trekking with the guided trip as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Kailash Mansarovar trekking with a private vehicle as mentioned in the itinerary.
- sightseeing entrance for Tibet Lhasa tour.
- Tibet travel permit as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Lhasa Gonger airport drop as mentioned in itinerary / Tibet border pick up by private jeep as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All program as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Overland transportation.
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Tour guide, and driver).
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Kathmandu International Airport drop.
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay.
- International flight ticket & Kathmandu Lhasa Kathmandu flight ticket.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from the date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal – approx. US$ 24. al equipments.
- High-risk medical insurance.
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls.
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water.
- Nepal Visa Fee.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed.
- Purely personal nature expenses.
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
PERSONAL EQUIPMENTS FOR TREKKING
- • Fleece beanie
• sun glasses
• Chap stick / Sunscreen
• Face mask or Scarf
• Hand towel
• Wind stopper / waterproof top and bottom
• Cold weather down jacket below waist
• Fleece jacket and trouser
• Trekking trouser
• T-Shirts(short or long sleeves) dry fit is better
• Polypropylene thermal tops and bottom, at least 2pairs,
• Wind stopper and fleece gloves
• Socks and under wears
• Trekking boot
• Snow Gaiter (optional)
• Runners / Snickers for camps
• Head torch
• Personal medical kit
• Water Bottle/Camel Pak
• Trekking / Ski pole (optional. Handy for anyone with knee problem)
• Spare batteries for Camera andflash light. Check charging facility along your journey
• Day pack Minimum25L with side pocket for water bottle