Gosaikunda lake trek
Gosaikunda Lake Trek is known for popular as well as medium range trek in Nepal. Situated on the northern and eastern sides and surrounded by high beautiful mountains, Goisaikunda Lake offers fascinating sight. This place has high importance as a religious place therefor the lake also offers stiff challenge to the trekkers. The best approach to Gosaikunda is through Trishuli valley that is 71 kilometers from Kathmandu.
Glimpses of Sherpa life and lovely scenic views here rise the pleasure of the trek manifold. We can even acclimatize in some of beautiful places as Tharepati or Chandabari and Lauribinayak. One has to assumesharp ascent of 4380m while on trek path to Gosaikunda. The Langtang Mountain which is also locally called Langtang Himal, is anarealocated at the north part of the Kathmandu valley and south of Tibetan border. This village is very much interesting with banks of the Bhote Koshi river. The track gains elevation as you make your mode along the Langtang river, through forests of rhododendron (laliguras), oak and bamboo forests on the sophisticated reaches of the trail. Beside Gosaikunda Lake,additional lakes in the neighborhood are Bhairabkunda, Nagkunda, Surajkunda and Saraswatikunda.
Gosaikunda Lake is also known for the Frozen Lake since it remains frozen during winter. The trek generally starts from Dhunche and permits through lush green forest, varied sceneries and villages occupied by ethnic Tamang tribe. This trek will surely give anyone magnificent peace and helps in getting rid of demons.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu trek preparation.
Day 03: Kathmandu to dhunche.
Day 04: Dhunche to singgompa.
Day 05: Sing Gompa to laurebinayak.
Day 06: Laurebinayak to gosaikunda lake.
Day 07: Gosaikunda lake to ghopte.
Day 08: Ghopte to tharepati.
Day 09: Tharepati to kutumsang.
Day 10: Kutumsang to chisopani.
Day 11: Chisopani to sundarijal drive to Kathmandu.
Day 12: Final Departure.
Day 1. Arrival in Kathmandu.
The first step to our trip will is a beautiful city Kathmandu. You will be warmly welcomed and greeted by our friendly staffs at Tribhuvan International Airport. Our staffs of Good Day Nepal Excursion will take you to the lovely guest house after clearing immigration and customs. And then the evening is all yours with dinner and enjoyment.
Day 2. Kathmandu Trek Preparation.
After spending beautiful whether of the night at Kathmandu we will prepare for the Kathmandu trek. Enjoying ancient cities and UNESCO world heritage sites will fascinate you. Swyambhunath temple also called monkey temple which is located in the heart of the city will surely catch your attention.
Day 3. Kathmandu to Dhunche.
Early morning, we drive from Kathmandu by local bus. We pass through the green and beautiful landscape, with terrace field, the green valley as well as splendid views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang, manyManaslu much more.We stay at a local guesthouse in Dhunche overnight.
Day 4. Dhunche to Singompa.
Today after having breakfast we start our trek toward Singompa. It takes 5 hours to reach Singompa. The trial goes slow up at the beginning and after crossing Trishuli River the trail goes steeply up from the Gosaikunda Lake. The walk toward Singompa is the pleasant crossing green pine forest. On the way, we can see many species of birds and wild animals.
Day 5 Singompa to Lauribina.
Upon leaving Singompa the trial cuts across the head of final ridge and enters through forests as it crosses the head of a valley. Then we continue our trail across the head of a final ridge and soon we will be in the village of Lauribina. Our final ascent will be Lauribina amidst the astounding views of Manaslu, Annapurna, Langtang Lirung and Ganesh Himal.
Day 6. Lauribina to Gosaikunda Lake.
Early morning we head for the trek through a rocky and slight trail to the Gosaikunda, where we can see almost all mountain ranges around and we will feel like as if you are in the heaven. Trek to Gosainkunda will be fascinating to the trekkers in beautiful and glorious country like Nepal. We can feel utmost peace and comfort here.
Day 7 Gosaikunda Lake to Ghopte.
After 4 hours downhill from Gosaikunda Lake, we will reach Ghopte. Our trial today is rough and crosses moraines. This a bit challenging today. Passing through some small lakes, the trail climb and cross Laurebina La. Crossing upon Lauribina La the path downs to Phedi. We continue our walk up and down throughout crossing a rock-strewn hill with pine and rhododendron trees.
Day 8. Ghopte to Tharepati.
After having our wonderful breakfast start our trek from Ghopte to Tharepati. Along the way, we have to take our lunch and continuous walking to arrive Tharepati. Overnight here.
Day 9. Tharepati to Kutumsang.
In the morning start our trek after Nepali breakfast. From Tharepati we need 4 to 5 hours walking arrive Kutumsang. Along the way having our lunch and walking till arriving Kutumsang. Overnight here.
Day 10. Kutumsang to Chisapani.
From Kutumsang start our trek after having our hot breakfast. Trek around 2 hours we can take our lunch and again walk till arrive Chisapani village is the beautiful village. Our night in Chisapani.
Day 11. Chisapani to Sundarijal drive to Kathmandu
After a drive back, today early morning we will be back to Kathmandu from Chisapani. Approximately it takes 2 to 3 hours to reach our destination Kathmandu. We will be back passing Sundarijal where we can enjoy the splendid view of green forest with many small waterfalls. With a short drive from Sundarijal, we finally come to Kathmandu.
Day 12. Final departures
And here comes to the end today. The cooperative and friendly staffs of Good Day Nepal Excursion will drop us to the Tribhuvan International Airport 3hours before the scheduled flight. Now, we have lots of memory of Gosaikunda Lake trek which will surely compel us to come next time.
- All ground transfer as per itinerary.
- Kathmandu sightseeing tour.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast (Hotel standardly is as per your choice).
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trek.
- Lodge to Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- “Langtang National Park” Entry Permit.
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System) fee.
- An experienced English speaking trekking guide.
- Porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers=1 porters).
- Staff food, accommodation, salary & insurance.
- All governmental procedure.
- Applicable Taxes.
- Rescue arrangement in the case of emergency.
- Welcome dinner.
Extra Cost to Consider:
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa upon arrival at the Airport.
- International Airfare, City tour Sightseeing entry fees.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging.
- Travel Insurance (Essential – Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Personal trekking gears
- Tips for tour/ trekking staffs and driver
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
PERSONAL EQUIPMENTS FOR TREKKING
- • Fleece beanie
• sun glasses
• Chap stick / Sunscreen
• Face mask or Scarf
• Hand towel
• Wind stopper / waterproof top and bottom
• Cold weather down jacket below waist
• Fleece jacket and trouser
• Trekking trouser
• T-Shirts(short or long sleeves) dry fit is better
• Polypropylene thermal tops and bottom, at least 2pairs,
• Wind stopper and fleece gloves
• Socks and under wears
• Trekking boot
• Snow Gaiter (optional)
• Runners / Snickers for camps
• Head torch
• Personal medical kit
• Water Bottle/Camel Pak
• Trekking / Ski pole (optional. Handy for anyone with knee problem)
• Spare batteries for Camera andflash light. Check charging facility along your journey
• Day pack Minimum25L with side pocket for water bottle
- Discountonly for group %
- Trip Grade
- Price USD Ask me
- Starting PointKathmandu
- Ending PointKathmandu
- TransportationPrivate vehicle/ Bus
- ActivitiesTrekking, Sightseeing, & Expedition
- Trek StyleTrekking
- Max. Altitude4460m
- Best SeasonAutumn & Spring (Other season: Considerable)