Helambu Circuit Trek
Helambu, one of the beautiful place in Nepal is located 75km north of Kathmandu encircling the Melamchi Khola from where you can capture a good view of hills and mountain landscapes along this region. Helambu is merely quiet and you can see few trekkers here. Sherpa villages of Helambu is one of the unique and the most beautiful cultural treks near Kathmandu that you can visit. It is an area inhabited by Sherpas, Tamangs, and Chhetries. The unique feature of this region are its language, culture and dress of the people and also this area is a famous place for arts (Thanka).
We (Good Day Nepal Excursion) aims to make your trip to Helambu unforgettable one. This is the most easily accessible areas from Kathmandu. Helambu Circuit Trek can best offer you to examine the Hyolmo culture of high mountain people. Majestic waterfalls and splendid mountains blended in the Buddhist Himalayan culture are the main highlights of Helambu Circuit Trek. The trek starting with a short drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal, then the trail to Helambu climbs to the Shivapuri from where there are extensive views of the central Himalayas. On the way to Helambu circuit trek, you will enjoy stunning views of mountains including Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Gaurishankar, Dorje Lakpa, and many other small mountains of the of this region can attract anyone.
If you are keen on flowers, nature, and wildlife then this place offers you best ways to make your journey pleasant. And these things are possible with Good Day Nepal Excursion. We are quite sure, when you explore this region you will receive a homely welcome and collect lots of memory which makes your journey a unique and extraordinary experience.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu trek preparation.
Day 03: Kathmandu drive to sundarijal and trek to chisopani.
Day 04: Chisopani to golphu bhanjyang.
Day 05: Golphu bhanjyang to tharepati.
Day 06: Tharapati to Melamchi ghyang.
Day 07: Melamchi Ghyang to tarkeghyang.
Day 08: Tarkeghang to sermathang.
Day 09: Sermathnag to Melamchi Bazaar and drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 10: Final Departure.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu.
Our trip will begin from beautiful city Kathmandu. You will be warmly welcomed and greeted by our friendly staffs at Tribhuvan International Airport. Our staffs of Good Day Nepal Excursion will take you to the lovely guest house after clearing immigration and customs. And then the evening is all yours with dinner and enjoyment.
Day 2: Katmandu Trek Preparation.
After spending beautiful whether of the night at Kathmandu we will prepare for the Kathmandu trek. Enjoying ancient cities and UNESCO world heritage sites will fascinate you. Swyambhunath temple also called monkey temple which is located in the heart of the city will surely catch your attention.
Day 3: Kathmandu drive to Sundarijal then Trek to Chisopan.
This day we drive to Sundarijal from Kathmandu for an hour situated in the northeast of the valley. Then we then climb up through the Shivapuri National Park crossing through several villages. Few hours after walking you will be at Chisapani. This region offers wonderful panoramic views of the mountains including Langtang and Ganesh. The trail goes through oak forest to a pass called Burgling Bhanjyang. The walk then continues on the trail to Chisapani for the overnight stop.
Day 4: Chisapani to Gul Bhanjyang.
We go through Patibhanjyang with the forested ridge. Then trek descends to Gul Bhanjyang which is the village of Tamang, Sherpa and Gurung settlement. Gul Bhanjyang shows the cultural aspects of the local ethnic people. This is a delightful village. The trail then climbs from Gum Bhanjyang to another pass. From the pass, you can look back over Gul Bhanjyang at the bottom.
Day 5: Gul Bhanjyang to Tharepati
From Gul Bhanjyang, we hike to Kutumsang crossing the terraced fields and jungle.It goes through on a steep, crumble trail, mostly through rhododendron. The trail makes some ups and downs passing through the oak forest. Then it finally reaches to Tharepati. From Tharepati you can see the wonderful sunset in the Numbur Himal and Jugal Himal good views of Helambu valley below.
Day 6: Tharepati to Melamchi Gaun.
From Tharepati we descend down to Melamchi Gaun. We will cross few rivers and head through stepped way where you can enjoy a panoramic view of the village. Well, Tharepati is a beautiful Sherpa village with oldest Buddhist Monasteries. Here you can delight your heart by watching different cultures and customs. After crossing Tharepati we reach the prosperous Sherpa village of Melamchi gaun. This village has large fields of barley, potatoes, and corn.
Day 7: Melamchi Gaun to Tarkeghyang.
From Melamchi Gaun the trial continues to Melamchi River, all the way to opposite ridge of Tarkeghyang. This village is slightly larger and the place is famous for selling Thangkas. This area is more commercial. Across the suspension bridge, the walk begins climbing up the valley towards Tarkeghyang. Tarkeghyang is the largest village in Helambu and the preferred destination for the most trekkers. It is a wonderful place to rest and stay overnight.
Day 8: Tarkeghyang to Sermathang.
Today trekking goes through the flat land with beautiful forests. We will visit Sermathang village and then go to Melamchi Bazaar. On the way to Sermathang from Tarkeghyang, we would penetrate some ancient monasteries. The walk continues from Gangjwal and then it goes to the valley and small stream. The path is very gentle and after hiking several time we will reach Sermathang where we stay and rest at the hotel.
Day 9: Sermathang to Melamchi Bazaar and drive back to Kathmandu.
Today we trek from Shermathang to Melamchi. The trail descends to Melamchi Bazaar through terraced fields and meadows. On the way, we would meet and interact some local people and share their way of life and culture. We will stay at the guesthouse in Melamchi Bazaar. Early in the morning, we take a bus back to Kathmandu through the Helambu highway.
Day 10: Final Departure.
And here comes to the end today. The cooperative and friendly staffs of Good Day Nepal Excursion will drop us to the Tribhuvan International Airport 3hours before the scheduled flight. Now, we have lots of memory of Annapurna Sanctuary trek which will surely compel us to come next time.
What’s Included in the Cost:
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin sharing basis including breakfast.
- Guided Tour of Kathmandu City with expert tour guide and private vehicle
- Government license holder experienced, trekking guide (trained in Wilderness First Aid& altitude sickness) and porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis) with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing, and medicine.
- Twin sharing Teahouse/Lodges Accommodation during the trekking
- Daily Meals are chosen from the Menu (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek.
- Langtang National Park Trekking Permit.
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) Card for the Langtang Trekking.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Kathmandu to Trek start point transfer by Local bus ( private land cruiser are also available by adding separate cost)
- Trek finishes point to Kathmandu Transport by Bus/Private vehicle depending on trek ending point.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes.
Extra Cost to Consider:
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa upon arrival in the Airport.
- International Airfare, City tour Sightseeing entry fees.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging.
- Travel Insurance (Essential – Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Personal trekking gears
- Tips for tour/ trekking staffs and driver
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
PERSONAL EQUIPMENTS FOR TREKKING
- • Fleece beanie
• sun glasses
• Chap stick / Sunscreen
• Face mask or Scarf
• Hand towel
• Wind stopper / waterproof top and bottom
• Cold weather down jacket below waist
• Fleece jacket and trouser
• Trekking trouser
• T-Shirts(short or long sleeves) dry fit is better
• Polypropylene thermal tops and bottom, at least 2pairs,
• Wind stopper and fleece gloves
• Socks and under wears
• Trekking boot
• Snow Gaiter (optional)
• Runners / Snickers for camps
• Head torch
• Personal medical kit
• Water Bottle/Camel Pak
• Trekking / Ski pole (optional. Handy for anyone with knee problem)
• Spare batteries for Camera andflash light. Check charging facility along your journey
• Day pack Minimum25L with side pocket for water bottle
- Discountonly for group %
- Trip Grade
- Price USD Ask me
- Starting PointKathmandu
- Ending PointKathmandu
- TransportationJeep/Van/ Bus
- Trek StyleTea House Trek
- Max. Altitude3597m
- Best SeasonFebruary - June, September - November are the best seasons. However, July & August are okay and trekking can be done but not so clear visibility due to rain.